Experience the sparkle of the season at Georgetown GLOW, the region's only curated exhibition of public light art installations.
Now in its second year, GLOW is even bigger for 2015, expanding from a weekend-long celebration to a 10-day exhibition from Friday, December 11 through Sunday, December 20, with works lit from 6 – 10 p.m. nightly.
Five local, regional, and international artists will show commissioned light-art works inspired by the historic C&O Canal.
Visit www.GeorgetownGLOWDC.com for announcements and updates.
During your visit to Georgetown GLOW, enjoy the many other happenings in Georgetown in December:
- Meet and greet the 2015 Georgetown GLOW artists at Artists' Talk on Saturday, December 12. Doors open at 4:30. Program 5-6 p.m. at Hickok Cole Architects.
- In-store promotions at Georgetown’s many boutiques and restaurants.
- The 4th annual Holiday Window Competition amongst the charming small businesses that line Wisconsin Avenue.
- On both weekends during Georgetown GLOW, enjoy nightly live outdoor musical performances at 6:30 p.m. on the lawn of Grace Church (1041 Wisconsin Avenue).
- Ice skating rink at Washington Harbour - the region's largest outdoor rink.
Visitors to GLOW are encouraged to follow Georgetown on Twitter (@georgetowndc), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/