The District’s only free overnight arts festival, Art All Night, returns on Saturday, September 23 with an all-new lineup of visual and performing arts exhibits, workshops and performances. The Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD) and D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) are sponsoring the festival presented by the Main Streets Programs in Congress Heights, Dupont Circle, H Street, North Capitol, Shaw and Tenleytown to highlight the most innovative and creative artistic forces in the city, while providing a unique around-the-clock experience unlike any other. Mayor Muriel Bowser and other city officials are expected to celebrate D.C.’s local arts scene throughout Art All Night.
From 7pm on September 23 until 3am on September 24, artists and arts enthusiasts can bounce around the city experiencing painting, photography, sculpture, crafts, fashion, music, dance, theater, silent discos, film and poetry in a variety of unique indoor and outdoor spaces located throughout Washington.
Art All Night will spread across six D.C. neighborhoods:
- Congress Heights: Take a journey across D.C.’s African diaspora via the “Chocolate City Edition” of Art All Night through a celebration of music, art, culture and cuisine. More than 20 venues will feature over 300 artists celebrating the history and future of Gospel, Blues, Jazz, R&B, Rap, Hip-Hop, Go-Go, Reggae, Soca, Latin, Cuban and Afro-beat themes.
- Dupont Circle: Take a stroll through Dupont’s many art galleries, museums, embassies and more.
- H Street: The famous corridor will host a feast for the senses, inviting guests to listen, engage, emote, explore, immerse and challenge creative boundaries.
- North Capitol: North Capitol Main Street celebrates life and art with an exhilarating evening of performance based art and live visual displays that will honor All THE WAYS WE ART.
- Shaw: Enjoy indoor and outdoor events, live music, dance, painting, body painting, photography, fashion and DIY activities.
- Tenleytown: Stop by for interactive art, yoga, kid-friendly arts and crafts, live music, a poetry slam and more.
Don’t miss a single event – RSVP for your neighborhood pass and stay connected to all things Art All Night. For the full schedule of Art All Night events, please visit: www.artallnightdc.com.
For free tickets, click here.
ABOUT ART ALL NIGHT
Art All Night is sponsored by the Department of Small and Local Business Development and the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities and presented by Destination Congress Heights, Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets, H Street Main Street, North Capitol Main Street, Shaw Main Streets and Tenleytown Main Streets.