Events DC Cherry Blast!, a premier event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, is a Japanese-inspired festival with food tastings, interactive art exhibits and music playing throughout the night.
Join us as we transform Dock 5 at Union Market into a busy Tokyo streetscape featuring a night market with tastings curated by Chef Erik Bruner-Yang of Maketto, interactive exhibits including sumo, graffiti artists, Esports and origami while DJs spin throughout the night.
Japanese Food Tastings: Acclaimed DC chefs prepare an authentic menu including...
- Okonomiyaki (savory pancake made with/without meat) by Chef Hiro Mitsui (Conbini Cafe)
- Karage (fried chicken) by Chef Katsuya Fukushima (Daikaya, Bantam King, Haikan)
- Doroyaki (red bean pancake) by Chef Tim Ma (Kyrisan)
- Kushikatsu (deep fried meat & vegetables) by Chef Seng Luangrath (Thip Khao, Bangkok Golden)
- Yakitori (skewered chicken) by Erik Bruner-Yang (Spoken English, Maketto, Paper Horse)
- Ramen noodles by Erik Bruner-Yang (Spoken English, Maketto, Paper Horse)
- Curry Rice by Huy Nguyen (Pho Wheelz)
Interactive Art Showcase: A spectacular exhibit of interactive art inspired by Japanese culture featuring a sumo demonstration with audience participation, graffiti artists, origami and Esports lounge.
Night Market: A husting-bustling, communal marketplace lined with an array of artisan crafts and vendors, including Suntory Whisky Toki sampling, Kirin beer behind the bar and Soul & Ink live screen printing t-shirts.
Music Soundstage: Vibe to the pulsating sounds of DJs performing all night long.
VIP Tea Room: An exclusive, all-inclusive, private lounge, styled as a traditional Japanese Tea Room, featuring an open bar with special cocktail pairings and curated Tokyo street food (Space is limited. VIP ticket required).