Here’s the skinny. Newseum Nights is rewinding the clocks once again. On October 27, we will be throwing this season’s most psychedelic party, taking you back to the decade of hippies, madmen and social activism. It’s gonna be a gas.
- Enjoy an open beer and wine bar all night, and signature retro-inspired cocktails.
- Savor some of Wolfgang Puck’s ‘60s cocktail party bites:
- Deep-fried cheesy fondue risotto balls
- Meatball sliders
- Pigs in a blanket
- Mushroom, caramelized onion and cheese tarts
- “Magical” fudge brownies
- Tie Dye Cupcakes
- Visit the GLAMSQUAD lounge for ‘60s-themed hair and makeup touch ups and wearable florals from UrbanStems.
- Create fab paper flower crowns with Paper Source.
- Get body painted.
- Play retro board games provided by The Board Room DC.
- Make authentic protest buttons (nostalgic or relevant).
- Get your palm read.
- Take home a hand-printed poster by Typecase Industries (limited quantities available)
- Attend gallery talks with Newseum curators in our exhibits “Creating Camelot” and “1967: Civil Rights at 50.”
- Enjoy paparazzi photo ops at OM Digital’s cinematic photo booth.
- Get groovy as DJ Andrew Logan spins the best of the ‘60s, from Motown to the Beatles
And, don’t miss out on choice giveaways from &pizza and Oyamel.
Show us how much you love the ‘60s! Come in costume – anything from your best hippie wear to a Don Draper doppelganger suit or ‘60s mod fashion will be perfect. We’ll be giving out prizes for the most outta-sight costumes of the night. Be there or be square.
TICKETS HERE: http://www.newseum.org/event/newseum-nights-loves-the-60s/
Need help getting ready? Download the GLAMSQUAD app or go to glamsquad.com and use promo code Newseum to receive $25 off your first appointment booking.
Speak out by following @Newseum and #NewseumNights on Facebook and Twitter.
You must be 21 years or older to attend Newseum Nights loves the ‘60s. Final ticket price includes tax. Limit of 2 tickets per transaction at the discounted member rate. Tickets are nonrefundable.