Written by *Jamie
October 8, 2015
Fall is always an exciting time of year with a fun variety of fashion events, Halloween parties, and festivals as we make our way into the holiday season with shopping events and galas. September flew by with events like Daybreaker DC, The Glam App’s DC Launch, and the long awaited return of Hirshhorn After Hours . September aka “Fashion Month,” had no shortage of fashion events like Shop the Capitol, Cosmo Couture (which raised over 14K for RTDC !), and “Beyond the Little Black Dress” Fashion Show (see photos ! ). But if you find yourself already missing September (and its longer days), no problem! Keep the fashion week/month “spirit” going or simply impress your friends with your mad cocktail mixing skills with a couple of New York Fashion Week inspired cocktail recipes from Voga Italia and Sparkling Ice (see below)! You’re welcome.
Moving on to October, DC keeps autumn exciting (and scary) with the opening of Scream City, Alliance Francaise DC’s Real Life Clue Game , POV Rooftop Lounge's Halloween Social Party, Irving Penn’s Beyond Beauty Opening Party & After Hours Event (w/fashion installation by Rent the Runway), FFP 2015 Dress Responsibly Gala, and The Ladies Roundtable’s Finesse Your Life Tour (FREE tickets for GregsListDC readers w/ promo code “Gregslistdc”) ! With changing weather and busy event schedules, functional, multi-tasking products and accessories tend to come in handy! Here are some latest picks:
- Comodynes new paraben-free, hypoallergenic makeup remover toilettes (MUR) made with plant extracts. MUR toilettes can replace toners, cleansers, and eye makeup removers. Late night social butterflies, this one’s for you!
- Zaya Eye Oil Blend made with warm floral Rosewood essential oil (photo 1). The moisturizing but light eye oil smooths fine lines, revitalizes tired eyes, and can be used as an eye makeup remover.
- MyGreenFills Selestial PROTECT EXTREME - Non-Toxic Sunscreen & Repellent Combo with SPF 30. For those long days spent hiking on the trail or sipping vino at the wine festival. We're fans of both.
- Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime line. Crystal Shine and Hold Heat Protection Hair Spray protects hair from hot hair tools while adding shine. Diamond Color & Radiance Shine Boost Tonic has protective UV filters and shine boosting serums. Biotin+ Volume and Texture H20-Free Hair Spray for fine, limp hair provides 24 hour touchable hold.
- London Soho New York beauty bags (photo 2). For those after work evening events, the purse friendly double zip organizer stores everything you need to touch up and go.
NYFW inspired cocktail recipes
Pretty in Pink (photo 3):
- 3 oz. Grapefruit Sparkling ICE
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 oz. lime juice
- Lime wedge
- Sliced fresh jalapeño
- Chili salt for rim of glass (Kosher salt mixed with chili powder)
- Use a lime wedge to rub the entire rim of a chilled martini glass, and dip into chili salt mixture.
- Combine vodka and jalapeno slices with ice in a shaker.
- Strain and pour into the chilled martini glass.
- Top with Grapefruit Sparkling ICE.
- Garnish with a few Jalapeno slices.
Flirty Fashionista (photo 4):
- 3 oz. Peach Nectarine Sparkling ICE
- 2 oz. VOGA Prosecco
- Sliced white peaches for garnish
- Pour VOGA Prosecco, then Peach Nectarine Sparkling ICE over ice
- Garnish with sliced peaches, raspberry and basil
Cheers to fall!
(*Disclosure: 5W PR, ChicExecs PR, Creative Media Marketing, and J9PR provided some of the materials/photos used in this posting. Any and all opinions shared are my own.)